Yefeng TANG, PI
Tenure-Track Associate Professor, The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Engineering, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Tsinghua University; Joint Professor, Collaborative Innovation Center for Biotherapy, West China Medical School, Sichuan University Prof. Yefeng Tang obtained his B.S. from Lanzhou University in 1999 and M.S. from the Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Science in 2003. After that, he pursued his Ph.D. with Prof. Zhen Yang at Peking University (2003-2006). From 2006 to 2009, he worked as a research associate with Prof. K. C. Nicolaou in The Scripps Research Institute. In 2010, he started his independent career as a tenure-track assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsinghua University, and was promoted to an associate professor in 2014. He is also a joint professor of the collaborative innovation center for biotherapy, West China Medical School, Sichuan University. His research interests mainly focus on synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry. So far, he has published over 40 peer-reviewed papers on the leading journals such as J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Org. Lett. and Chem. Commun.
Figure 1：Selected natural products completed in Tang’s group
Figure 2：Rh-azavinylcarbene-promoted cycloaddition reactions
Figure 3: Development of novel anti-HCV virus entry inhibitor
3. Wang, H.; Wang, S.; Cheng, L. L.; Chen, L. G.; Wang, Y. G.; Qing, J.; Huang, S. D.; Wang, Y. H.; Lei, X. Q.; Wu, Y. F.; Ma, Z. L.; Zhang, L. Q.*; Tang, Y. F.* Discovery of Imidazo[1,2-a][1,8]naphthyridine Derivatives as Potential HCV Entry Inhibitor. ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2015, 6, 977−981.
4. Yang, H. Z.; Feng, J.; Li, Y. H.; Tang, Y. F.* Biomimetic Syntheses of Rubialatins A, B and Related Congeners. Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 1441–1444.
5. Wang, Y. H.; Lei, X. Q.; Tang, Y. F.* Rh(II)-catalyzed Cycloadditions of 1-Tosyl 1,2,3-Triazoles with 2H-Azirines: Switchable Reactivity of Rh-azavinylcarbene as [2C]- or Aza-[3C]-Synthon. Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 4507–4510.
6. Shang, H.; Liu, J. H.; Bao, R. Y.; Cao, Y. Zhao, K.; Xiao, C. Q.; Zhou, B.; Hu, L. H.*; Tang, Y. F.* Biomimetic Synthesis: Discovery of Xanthanolide Dimers. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 14494–14498.
7. Shang, H. Wang, Y. H. Tian, Y. Feng, J.; Tang, Y. F.* The Divergent Synthesis of Nitrogen Heterocycles by Rhodium(II)-Catalyzed Cycloadditions of 1-Sulfonyl 1,2,3-Triazoles with 1,3-Dienes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 5662–5666.
8. Fu, J. K.; Shang, H.; Wang, Z. F.; Chang, L.; Shao, W. B.; Yang, Z.*; Tang Y. F.* Gold-Catalyzed Rearrangement of Allylic Oxonium Ylides: Efficient Synthesis of Highly Functionalized Dihydrofuran-3-ones. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 4198–4202.
9. Yang H. Z.; Feng J.; Tang, Y. F.* Biomimetic Total Syntheses of Spirobacillenes A and B. Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 6442–6444.
10. Ren, W. W.; Bian, Y. C.; Zhang, Z. Y.; Shang, H.; Zhang, P. T.; Chen, Y. J.; Yang, Z.*; Luo T. P.*; Tang Y. F.* Enantioselective and Collective Syntheses of Xanthanolides by Controllable Dyotropic Rearrangement of cis-b-Lactones. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 6984–6988.
11. X. Qing, Ren W. W; Chen, Z. X.; Sun, T. W.; Li, Y.; Ye, Q. D.; Gong, J. X.; Meng, F. K.; You, L.; Liu, Y. F.; Zhao, M. Z.; Xu, L. M.; Shan, Z. H.; Shi, Y.; Tang, Y. F.*; Chen, J. H.*; Yang Z.* Diastereoselective Total Synthesis of (+)-Schindilactone A. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 7373–7377.
12. Nicolaou, K. C.*; Wang, J. H.; Tang, Y. F.; Botta, L. Total Synthesis of Sporolide B and 9-epi-Sporolide B. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 11350–11363.
13. Nicolaou, K. C.*; Tang, Y. F.; Wang, J. H. Total Synthesis of Sporolide B. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 3501–3505.
14. Nicolaou, K. C.*; Stephan, A. F; Lister, T.; Li, A.; Tria, G. S.; Turner, C. I.; Tang, Y. F.; Wang, J. H.; Denton, R. M.; Edmonds, D. J. Design, Synthesis, and Biological Evaluation of Platensimycin Analogues with Varying Degree of Molecular Complexity. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 13110–13119.
15. Nicolaou, K. C.*; Wang, J. H.; Tang, Y. F. Synthesis of the Sporolide Ring Framework through A Cascade Sequence Involving An Intramolecular [4+2] Cycloaddition Reaction of an o-Quinone. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 1432–1435.
16. Nicolaou, K. C.*; Tang, Y. F.; Wang, J. H. Total Synthesis and Antibacterial Properties of Carbaplatensimycin. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 14850–14851.
17. Nicolaou, K. C*.; Tang, Y. F.; Wang, J. H. Formal Synthesis of (+)-Platensimycin. Chem. Comm. 2007, 1922–1923.
18. Tang, Y. F.; Zhang, Y. D.; Dai, M. J.; Luo, T. P.; Deng, L. J.; Chen, J. H.*; Yang, Z.* A Highly Efficient Synthesis of the FGH Ring of Micrandilactone A. Application of Tioureas as Ligands in the Co-catalyzed Pauson-Khand Reaction and Pd-Catalyzed Carbonylative Annulation. Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 885–888.
19. Tang, Y. F.; Deng, L. J.; Zhang, Y. D.; Dong, G. B.; Chen, J. H.*; Yang, Z.*. Thioureas as Ligands in the Pd-Catalyzed Intramolecular Pauson-Khand Reaction. Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 1657–1659.
20. Tang, Y. F.; Deng, L. J.; Zhang, Y. D.; Dong, G. B.; Chen, J. H.*; Yang, Z.* Tetramethyl Thiourea/Co2(CO)8-Catalyzed Pauson-Khand Reaction Under Balloon Pressure of CO. Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 593–595.